What do we mean by "personal information?"
"Personal information" means information which identifies you, like your name or email address. Any information that falls outside of this is "non-personal information." If we store your personal information with information that is non-personal, we will consider the combination as personal information. If we remove all personal information from a set of data then the remaining is non-personal information.
Where does the information come from?
We learn information about you when:
- you give it to us directly (e.g., when you sign up to our website);
- we collect it automatically through our products and services (e.g., when you add information or images into your account details);
- when we try and understand more about you based on information you've given to us (e.g., when we use your IP address to improve site secutity).
What do we do with your information once we have it?
Generally, we use your information to help us provide and improve our products and services for you. When do we share your information with others?
- When we have asked and received your permission to share it.
- For processing or providing products and services to you, but only if those entities receiving your information are contractually obligated to handle the data in ways that are approved by us.
- When the law requires it. We follow the law whenever we receive requests about you from a government or related to a lawsuit. We'll notify you when we're asked to hand over your personal information in this way unless we're legally prohibited from doing so. When we receive requests like this, we'll only release your personal information if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. Nothing in this policy is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to a third party's request to disclose your information.
- When we believe it is necessary to prevent harm to you or someone else. We will only share your information in this way if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of you, our other users, us or the public.
- If our organizational structure or status changes (if we undergo a restructuring, are acquired, or go bankrupt) we may pass your information to a successor or affiliate.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
We are committed to protecting your personal information once we have it. We implement physical, business and technical security measures. Despite our efforts, if we learn of a security breach, we'll notify you so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
We also don't want your personal information for any longer than we need it, so we only keep it long enough to do what we collected it for. Once we don't need it, we take steps to destroy it unless we are required by law to keep it longer.
What else should you know?
We are a company based in the UK and this is also where our data is stored, although we may need from time to time to use alternate suppliers within the European Economic Area (EEA). If this changes then we will let you know.
We may need to change this policy and our notices. The updates will be posted online. If the changes are substantive, we will announce the update through email. Your continued use of the product or service after the effective date of such changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes. We post the effective date of this policy at the top of the page.
We retain 1 week of nightly backups. These are taken automatically and stored on the highly reliable Amazon RDS service. If you require additional data backup beyond this then please get in touch to see what we can arrange.
Velresco Technical Support applies only to Velresco’s licensed software products. Where users have recieved recognised training.
To help you successfully use our software, Velresco may provide:
- Phone call or Email support to answer technical or usage questions
- Remote connection to devices where possible to provide direct user support
Software Maintenance and Bug Fixes
On the rare occasions that these occur, we will inform vWall Administrators of any bugs found and associated fixes as soon as we become aware of these and all necessary corrective actions will be advised and / or taken by Velresco Technical Support.
Support is provided in English and between 09:00 and 18:00 GMT Monday to Friday (normal UK business working hours).
For usage problems, please refer to the relevant Help page on the system before trying to contact support. Initial contact for technical support should be via email@example.com
- Once Velresco have any relevant information to understand the issue (e.g. any error messages, or conditions to cause an error) an assessment will be made of the problem severity and the user will be informed of the likely time to fix. (This response should be recieved within 4 working hours of the the issue being raised)
- The majority of technical issues will normally be resolved within 1 working day. However, where this is not possible, we will provide an update to the user stating an estimated resolution time.